Sunday 3 April 2011

Hey what the hell winter?

So you come into my planet just to give everyone the goddamn cold shoulder; you scare all my animal friends away, you make all the food disappear, and then you proceed to refuse to leave when your presence is clearly no longer welcome.

The only thing I've ever liked about winter was the epic snow-scape that it brings; watching them just gives me the most calm and relaxed feeling in the whole damn universe.
Fucking. Beautiful.
Because of this, by the end of winter I'm usually pretty neutral to winter. I think "Sure it came in and ruined about 6 months of my life, but I got to look at some amazing outdoor landscapes (I'm easily amused by pretty white trees) , so I guess it balances out." However, it no longer balances when at winter's end, the season decides to pull one last dick move on me by turning the above into THIS:

Imagine this, but on a forest trail, and with me biking on it. Then imagine me, repeatedly stabbing chunks of melting snow and slush while crying uncontrollably.
Just when I started thinking better of you winter, you pull this shit on me. 
Winter sucks when its here, but somehow manages to suck even more when it leaves.
You are a bullshit excuse for a season and I hope you burn in hell; maybe that'll turn you into summer.
-tis a very bitter Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment