Sunday 8 May 2011

'Crastination Take #3

It's Sunday, the day where I realize that I have a shit load of homework piled up and haven't started any of it.

Actually, I don't have anything due tomorrow, so the last statement was a total lie.

In fact, I have a lot of things to do in the middle of this week, like a test on Tuesday, and a presentation either Wednesday or Thursday.

Problem with situations like this is, I decide that I'm too awesome to have to start it today, and then I wake up on the day everything is due; as the panic slowly builds I'll start thinking of how much simpler it would have been for me to have just finished everything on Sunday.

I'll proceed to waste even more time thinking of what I could have done instead of remedying the problem, which leads me into having to completely bullshit my way through evaluations, causing my beautiful marks to drop yet again, causing me to die a little more on the inside, causing me to further give up on putting effort into school, causing me to procrastinate even more, causing an endless cycle of my screwing myself up the creek.

The worst part of all of this is that, even though I can rationally foresee all the consequences of my actions now, my psychology seems to be wired in such a way that I still can't force myself to change. It's as if subconsciously, present Tommy has decided to launch a giant turd sandwich at future Tommy.

Why? Because fuck future Tommy that's why. 

Okay I don't actually mean that, I don't hate future me that much.

Time to try and force some productivity out of myself.

-tis Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment